Shrimp & Clam Pizza




I get it, not everyone likes seafood pizza.  It's so good though...  I had to make this one while Michelle was out of town because she doubts this one.  Trust me though, if you like clams and you like shrimp, then you'll love this pizza.  

You will need:

Pizza dough - store bought or homemade
2-3 cloves of garlic
mozzarella cheese
ricotta cheese
small amount of bay shrimp (maybe 1/2 cup)
can of clams, drained (or you can use cooked fresh clams)
dried thyme
dried oregano
salt and pepper

If you are making your own dough, then you'll need an hour or so to let it rest.  If not, just preheat the oven to 500 and start prepping the ingredients.


Start by chopping up some garlic and slicing the cheese.  Fresh mozzarella has a lot of moisture so I like to slice it early and place on a paper towel to drain off some moisture so our pizza isn't soggy. 


Drain the clams and add to a bowl with the garlic and shrimp.


Roll out the dough and spread some ricotta and olive oil across the top.


Then top with the mozzarella. 


Spread the clams, garlic, and shrimp evenly across the pizza and top with some salt, pepper, and herbs. I used thyme and oregano.


Bake for about 10 minutes at 500 until the dough is a crispy golden brown, and the cheese has melted.


Voila.  Enjoy.


Comments