Working in Ireland {My Job}
I've been working in Ireland for exactly 4 months on Thursday. These 4 months have flown by and I'm soaking up every minute I can.
Working here has been an incredible experience, and I'm so lucky to enjoy my company, co-workers and job.
Here is a glimpse of what my days are like.
| We change seats about once a month, so I now sit by 5 different colleagues |
My colleagues are from all over Europe and even beyond. I'm constantly impressed with the number of languages some of them speak and am insanely jealous that probably half of my team speaks at least 2 languages well enough to do business in them. Speaking only English is easily the most embarrassing thing about living abroad. It's still on my bucket list to learn Spanish, perhaps a few trips to Spain next year can help with that....but, I digress.
| This is right across from our office on a beautiful evening last weekend |
In my job, I am working with the UK, Irish, and Nordic markets. Nordic including Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland. I love this. I have learned so much about these countries, the different approaches for each market, and the benefits of both. For example, in the Nordics, it's no problem getting a CEO's mobile number, while in the UK that's nearly impossible. On the other hand, in the UK, conversations are very straight forward and you know a clear next step at the end of the call, while in the Nordics, that can be tough.
![]() |
| This was me, waiting for my interview |
And so far, so good for me. The hardest part of moving to Ireland for me to leave a job, co-workers and industry I loved in the Bay Area without anything lined up over here and no idea how long it would take to find something. I feel so fortunate to have found this opportunity in a new and exciting company in a new industry, and a new career path. I can't wait to see where it takes me.

Best wishes to you! I hope that you continue to find yourself surrounded with people who push you to explore a little further--and I know what you mean about the American accent, I can't seem to get rid of mine just yet ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Started following your blog too.
DeleteLove this, Michelle! Sounds like an amazing experience!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lindsay, can't wait to see you soon.
Deletevery touching! And that ole american accent is impressive! :)
ReplyDeletethanks Saoirse!
DeleteWe will have to talk about this in person when I see you. I have a similar experience in many ways, and can share the joys . . . and the fact that I feel insanely inferior when I am at a meeting in France, and am the only one who is not business fluent in French . . .
ReplyDeleteCan't wait Linda, a trip is in order to London soon!
Delete