Dublin, Trim and Bray {With my Parents}

Yes it's almost August, but I'm blogging about April.  My parents spent most of April in Europe, how amazing is that?  They came over to Ireland at the beginning of their trip and spent a few days with Brian and I exploring in and around Dublin.

I loved showing them around and having them see a bit of what our life is like on this side of the world.   To get a true Irish experience, we took them to a castle, the country side, the coast and the city.

First stop was one of our favorites - Trim Castle.  It's a perfect mix of castle & ruins, with a great tour of the castle keep.  Since we've done the tour before, we sent Mom & Dad in, and Brian and I took a walk along the river to see some other ruins.


Mom, Dad and I in Trim
Brian and I on our walk
Mom & Dad's pretty pic from the castle keep
Like father...
Like daughter (on a previous trip)
Walking around Trim
After Trim, we drove a bit more around County Meath - stopping off at the Hill of Tara and Drogheda. Because of the late start to spring here, the countryside wasn't as green as I had hoped, but it was still pretty
View from the Hill of Tara
On the hill
Cool stone walls
The next day, we headed south to see the coastal towns of Bray to walk along the cliffs and then drove onto Dalkey for lunch.
Getting coffees to keep warm on the Bray to Graystones walk
Dad checking things out
Parents on the cliffs - again, it wasn't as green as I hoped for
Cliff walk
Everyone on the trail, bundled up
On the Irish sea
My favorite pic of Mom & Dad in Ireland!
Local pub lunch
Irelands phone booths
And back in Dublin, Mom & Dad spend a day looking around before they jetted off to see some more of Europe.
Irish namesake spotting
It was fun having them in town for a weekend.  They were just starting off on an incredible journey around Europe.  Up next, we met them in Venice for a weekend.

Comments

  1. thank you for the wonderful time and all the planning you did for us to make our trip possible. We had a great time and lots of memories and stories to tell. XOXO MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment