Boulder, Colorado {Visiting Jenn}

I was lucky to be able to spend the weekend with my sister prior to a work trip in LA.  It was my first trip to Boulder, and I loved it.  I couldn't get over how beautiful the town was.


As any weekend with Jenn, it was full of activity - we went for a run, we biked, we hiked, we ran a 10K race, we swam.  And, I went to Target 3 times in 3 days, which was amazing.  I miss that place.

Pearl Street in Boulder
We went on a hike up in the Flat Irons.  You can see these mountains everywhere in town (even from the Target parking lot).
On our way to the trail head
Beautiful scenery
Mid-Hike
Boulder was really green when I was there, but I guess it's usually brown
And we went biking - this is one of many bike rides we went on.  The bike paths take you all around town, which is nice, until you get to town and there aren't any bike lanes!?  So the bikers ride on the sidewalks.  I was surprised. 

Our big activity for the weekend was running the Boulder Boulder 10K race.  It's one of the biggest 10K races in the states and notorious for being a fun run.  The race takes you though many neighborhood in Boulder and ends in the CU Stadium.  All along the way, people are out in their yards watching and cheering on the racers - or doing some sort of performance (music, belly dancing, gymnastics - whatever you want), or cooling off racers with their hose or sprinkler, or handing out food and drinks (yep, some racers were doing key stands!).  It was nuts.

A lot of people dress up for the run.  We tried to dress in Fluorescent Colors but turns out fluorescent is really popular as pretty much everyone was wearing something bright.

Semi Dressed Up
At the start line - we started at 7:53:20 - over 10,000 people ran the race
along the course, my favorite mountains!
I mentioned the food above, well Jenn really took advantage of that.  She had a cotton candy, cupcake and bacon along the way!  And even took a ride down the famous slip n' slide - which I skipped so I could document it all.

Finished!
We finished in the CU Stadium 
The race was great, and we heading over to one of Jenn's friends for a BBQ after - I forgot to mention, it was Memorial Day weekend, so BBQ was a necessity.

The afternoon consisted of a quick swim in the pool and then relaxing by the Reservoir.
Walking up to the Reservoir 
Reservoir 
I made a good friend on the trip, she kept me company at all hours of the night
It was a super fun weekend, and so nice to spend some time in Colorado with Jenn.  I'm looking forward to going back with Brian and do some skiing and camping - Jenn's already started to plan it.

Comments