Charlie {month 5}

Charlie turned 5 months today.  It's crazy to look back at photos and see how much he has grown.  He still is a very happy, smiley and giggly baby and we just love him to pieces.

Charlie 5 months old
We started this month in Portland at the end of our vacation, and ended it back home in California.  This month marked a few very exciting firsts for Charlie.  His first plane ride, first time in the highchair, and first time in the jumper. 

A whole new world sitting at the table
Other big milestones for him are I took him off Zantac, his reflux medication, and we transitioned him to sleep in a sleep sack.  Speaking of sleep, he is still not great at it, but we've made progress in the self soothing department which is helping us get him down at night.

Charlie is grabbing things much more purposefully now and, of course, everything goes straight to his mouth.  He is sucking on his hands and fingers more too.  We started working on sitting with support, I think he will be really happy when he can sit by himself and watch Sydney run around.  He is holding himself high on his hands and is trying hard to figure out how to scoot, so far unsuccessfully.  He has always liked to stand on my lap or on the floor, and is now starting to jump in this position.
 
One of my favorite moments from the month was just the other night. Sydney, Charlie and I were all in Sydney's room.  She was jumping around (literally), and Charlie was cracking up at her.  It melted my heart and I wanted to get it on video but I didn't have my phone.  I knew it would ruin the moment if I got up and left, so I let it go.  Sydney loved it.  She kept jumping, turning back to look at Charlie, and kept jumping and laughing too.  I love that she gets a big kick out of Charlie.  Whether it's his coos, his smiles, his giggles, and especially his toots and burps, he makes her laugh and a lot.

Here are some of my favorite photos this month:
 
Playing at the park in Portland
lounging in the tub
big smiles for MarMe
Charlie loves standing
Happy Grandparents
Big smiles
Through security, ready for his first flight
Happy traveler on his first plane ride
 
Dada got matching shirts from one of his clients for the kids
Sydney was SO excited about when they both wore their "Octo-Kitty" shirts
 
Flying Charlie
Flying Baby
Kisses for Charlie
"Beep"
Sydney always touches Charlie's nose and says "Beep"
Then tickles his toes
Oh, hi
Chewing on his favorite elephant
Siblings
It's nearly impossible to get everyone looking an smiling
This is cool
modeling Sydney's Halloween wig - hahahaha
 


with cousin Nate

always smiling
pre-work cuddle with Dada on Charlie's 5 month birthday
 
5 month side by side with Sydney

The countdown is on for me.  One week to go until I go back to work.  We've done a few trial days at his daycare and it's gone really well.  I picked up Sydney before him on the most recent trial day and the first thing she said to me when I saw her was, "Where's Charlie?".  As always, we can't wait to see what the next month brings.
 

Comments