I was so excited to spend the weekend with my good friend Becky and her
fiancé, Gar. Becky and I worked together in Japan for 6 months, and we pretty much spent all of our time together. When I arrived in Japan, Becky had been there for half a year already and she took me in and showed me everything.
 |
| One of my favorite photos from Japan, our first trip we took together to Osaka |
We had a blast together, and I have so, so many great memories from Japan with her that I will never forget.
 |
| Yep, we're in Japan |
Fast forward 7 years, and we finally met again. A few months after living in Dublin, and a 40 minute flight later, I arrived in Manchester to spend a weekend with Becky. Both a little older, and a little more settled into life.
 |
| Visiting Becky in Manchester |
Becky and her soon-to-be husband Gar were lovely hosts. We spent the first day wandering around downtown Manchester, stopping for a glass of wine here and there. Our culture for the day was visiting The National Football Museum (we're in England, so that's the Soccer Museum). Gar could have stayed hours, as I'm sure many football fans could have.
 |
| A cool neighborhood near downtown |
 |
| More pretty areas of Manchester |
 |
| A few drinks |
It was a beautiful day of catching up and exploring a new city, which ended with a gorgeous sunset before we headed back to their neighborhood for dinner.
 |
| A beautiful sunset |
 |
| Gar and Becky |
The weather on Sunday wasn't nearly as nice as Saturday, but we headed out for a hike in the country anyway - rain jackets in tow. We went to Lyme Park for a 6 mile walk through sheep pastures, over rock walls and though the rolling green hills. We were truly in the English countryside.
 |
| Rock walls and beautiful views |
The views were good, but they would have been spectacular if the sun was out. I wish I could see it.
 |
| Look at the sheep in the background |
 |
| I love this photo, this is what most of our hike looked like |
We got pretty wet in the rain, but went back to the house to a wonderful treat, hot tea and homemade sponge cake. It was delicious. Following tea, Becky also made a traditional dinner of Toad in the Hole. It was so thoughtful and so good.
 |
| Can you think of a better way to warm up after a 6 mile walk? |
It was just a short weekend, but it was so great to catch up with an old friend. Thanks a million Becky and Gar, I really hope you make it over to Dublin while we're here!
Comments
Post a Comment