Well, it's been a few weeks now, and we're starting to get all settled in at our new Bungalow here in Dublin. As I mentioned in my
last post, this was our 4th move in the last 12 months. We hope it's our last here in Ireland.
We moved a whopping 1/2 mile down the road. It took 6 hours and 4.5 trips in the trusty Little Green Machine - and then 1 last trip with our bikes. That should give you an idea of how much stuff we own over here. We literally started packing, moved and unpacked everything in 6 hours, stopping for lunch in the middle.
 |
| There she is, the Little Green Machine |
Believe it or not, this is actually the second yellow stucco place I've lived in. My first apartment in college was also yellow, stucco and cute.
.JPG) |
| This was the last trip |
It's definitely taken a little time to settled in and fix up a few outstanding issues, but I think we're really going to like this place. The kitchen is the biggest we've ever had together, and it's been great so far.
 |
So big, maybe I'll finally have get to help out with the cooking |
 |
| One of the first cooked meals, brunch! |
We still have 2 bedrooms (guests welcome!),
 |
| Our room, we get some good sunlight |
 |
| The guest room, looking very inviting |
And a small, but nice bathroom.
 |
| So small you can't even see the sink |
And a lovely and large common room with a working fireplace! I'm sure we will love it in the winter when it's rainy, windy and cold outside.
 |
| I took the photo at night so it's not the best |
I had to snap this photo below of the last trip from our old place to the new. I brought our herb plants, by bike. I felt so, "Eugene, Oregon" or "Berkeley, California" biking our herbs down the road.
.JPG) |
| I didn't need that umbrella all day! |
Now last, but very not least, we have a back garden and patio. What a treat this is here in Dublin. Below is a photo what it looked like when we moved in - a mess. Actually, this photo doesn't really show you what type of mess I am talking about. At this point, we had already asked the landlord to clean up the shed and backyard for us. They had hauled out a broken table, umbrella, and cleared out a bunch of junk from the shed (and I'm crossing my fingers he got the spider that was as big as my palm, seriously).
 |
| A very generous "pre" shot |
Then, last Saturday, we bought a BBQ and one thing led to another and before I knew it Brian was back in the shed, clearing it out completely, and I was at the hardware store buying yard sheers and gardening gloves.
Appropriately, since we are in Ireland, while clearing the yard, we started to dig up a bunch of potatoes that someone had once planted. And if that's not enough, we also inherited chive plant that was left behind, so appropriate, to go with the potatoes. I tilled and weeded the garden triangle and planted our other herbs by the chives. Brian trimmed the lawn and the hedges, and I attempted to pull and dig out weeds everywhere possible. We swept and raked (with a shovel) and raked some more. Several hours later, we had done all we could do. It looks better back there, but there is still work to be done.
.JPG) |
| Look at those nicely trimmed hedges |
.JPG) |
See the potatoes on the ledge?
I couldn't get him to hold them up. |
.JPG) |
| And here is where the herbs ended up |
.JPG) |
| And the results of our labor |
And finally on Sunday, we had our first BBQ. The sun was out and we actually were able to eat outside, it was a real treat.
.jpg) |
| A great end to our first week at the Bungalow |
We're looking forward to having some friends over to enjoy the bungalow, the backyard and some delicious BBQ.
You guys really how to turn a house into a home :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Anna, how are you?!?!
DeleteSo cute! Brian looks like he knows what he's doing in that kitchen. Let him enjoy all the elbow room :) Glad you're doing so well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen! Saw your new house, it's definitely not a bungalow! Good luck with the move and getting all settled in.
DeleteWhat an adorable place and perfect outdoor area. I just love the way you two live and enjoy life!
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen! We're doing our best over here.
Delete