Thankful
Brian here. I know, I have been absent from the writing side of the blog recently, but Michelle is doing a great job keeping everyone updated on our lives.
So here we are in Dublin on Thanksgiving. Strange not to be at home with the family on my favorite holiday. I love Thanksgiving because there is no religion, and every American is included (the rest of the Jewish kids know what I am talking about). There are no expectations of gifts, or services to attend. It is simply a time to take a break with the people that you love, have some drinks and laughs, and eat what is quite possibly my favorite meal of the year.
The past 6, almost 7 months have been some of the best of our lives, but also some of the most trying. Living abroad is not without its challenges, but we'll save that for another post. Still, I find myself today with a lot to be thankful for. After spending a week back in the States earlier in the month we were reminded of how amazing our family and friends are. How incredible the West Coast is (yes, including Portland). We were reminded of how spoiled we are to come from one of the most beautiful and diverse areas in the world. And we were reminded that it will all be there waiting for us when we move home.
Until then, I am thankful for the opportunities to live and work with different cultures. I am thankful to log onto my AerLingus account and see upcoming reservations for Paris, London, Copenhagen, Lisbon, Istanbul, and Athens. I am certainly thankful that Michelle and I are gainfully employed so we can pay for our trips. And I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to see so much of the world that only a year ago seemed out of reach.
More than anything though I am thankful to have a wife that puts up with my constant ups and downs. And I am thankful to have a partner in crime to tour the world with and make memories to last a lifetime.
From Dublin to everyone back home and abroad, Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day with those you love and be thankful for what you have.
Gobble Gobble
So here we are in Dublin on Thanksgiving. Strange not to be at home with the family on my favorite holiday. I love Thanksgiving because there is no religion, and every American is included (the rest of the Jewish kids know what I am talking about). There are no expectations of gifts, or services to attend. It is simply a time to take a break with the people that you love, have some drinks and laughs, and eat what is quite possibly my favorite meal of the year.
The past 6, almost 7 months have been some of the best of our lives, but also some of the most trying. Living abroad is not without its challenges, but we'll save that for another post. Still, I find myself today with a lot to be thankful for. After spending a week back in the States earlier in the month we were reminded of how amazing our family and friends are. How incredible the West Coast is (yes, including Portland). We were reminded of how spoiled we are to come from one of the most beautiful and diverse areas in the world. And we were reminded that it will all be there waiting for us when we move home.
Until then, I am thankful for the opportunities to live and work with different cultures. I am thankful to log onto my AerLingus account and see upcoming reservations for Paris, London, Copenhagen, Lisbon, Istanbul, and Athens. I am certainly thankful that Michelle and I are gainfully employed so we can pay for our trips. And I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to see so much of the world that only a year ago seemed out of reach.
More than anything though I am thankful to have a wife that puts up with my constant ups and downs. And I am thankful to have a partner in crime to tour the world with and make memories to last a lifetime.
From Dublin to everyone back home and abroad, Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day with those you love and be thankful for what you have.
Gobble Gobble

Comments
Post a Comment