Charlie {month 9}

Charlie turned 9 month on the 22nd!  This month was full of celebrations - Hanukkah, Christmas, Brian's birthday, Papa's birthday, Billy's birthday, and New Years. 
Hi, I'm 9 months old
We lit the Hanukkah candles every night this year.  Sydney was so excited about it.  She sang the Hanukkah song, she was fascinated by the candles and couldn't wait for a piece of gelt and her present.  Charlie was already in bed most nights but he had fun playing with the dreidel and grabbing at the shiny gelt.  
First night of Hanukkah
My parents and sister came to town for Christmas. We spent Christmas morning at our house then spent a few nights in Healdsburg together. Sydney finally understands holidays better, so it was so much fun to see her experience all of Christmas this year.  Charlie had fun ripping some wrapping paper and staring at the lights and ornaments on the tree.  He enjoyed spending time with everyone and gave plenty of smiles and giggles. 
The wrapping is always more exciting than the gifts at this age
This Charlie crawled all over the place. He crawled up on our fireplace mantel, he crawled into the bottom shelf of his bookshelf, into the kitchen cupboard, under his highchair, behind the couch.  He doesn't sit still.  He also started to pull himself up to standing just before the New Year (12/20 for the records).  And now he is just starting to move his feet a bit.
Here comes trouble
We started giving him water more regularly with food and he loves it.  At first he would lunge for any glass nearby and thought is was hilarious to take sips from our glass .  He also learned how to use a straw cup this month.  We were out for dinner one night and I just started dropping water into his mouth from a straw.  Then I let him put the straw in his mouth.  He would blow bubbles, then suck and be so surprised he would jump when the water got in his mouth.  He is now using a kids straw cup by himself.
A little help from Sydney
Just a few weeks ago, I spotted his first tooth poking through on his bottom right (1/15/17).  And now the bottom left has also started making it's way in.  They are still really tiny and I'm a little sad to loose the gummy baby smile, so I'm totally ok if they take their time.  He continues to talk a bit more.  He says Mama and Dada and sometimes we actually think he is using them for us (I know, I know, he is still young, but don't burst our bubble!). 
 
Here are some more of my favorites from the month:
mesmerized
With MarMe
Wine tasting with Mama and Dada
At the brewery
Hanukkah festivities
with Aunt Jenn
with Grandpa Billy in Healdsburg

Pretty soon he'll actually be able to go down by himself
Window high five - so sweet
I stood up!
Charlie loves to be pushed around on this truck
More, more, more
Guess I can just go have a glass of wine?

Where did Charlie go?
Babies in matching bibs
Always escaping when he is naked
He loves standing close to his sister
This smile never gets old
Why is it that the places you don't want them are the exact places they want to be?

Fun at the park

Cheese
He crawled right through this tunnel without hesitation

Charlie and Sydney 9 months side by side
They look like siblings
2016 flew by, and as I write this, we are already 1/12th of the way through 2017.  Charlie literally brought smiles and laughter to our year.  He is our happy little baby.  Next month we're also taking a family trip to Tahoe.  Fingers crossed it goes well.

Comments