Conversations with a 2 year old {Sydney}

These first conversations are from before November! 

Every morning when we leave for school, Sydney says "Bye bye house, I go to school now".
And when we leave school "Bye bye school, I go home now
The first day Charlie started school she said "Bye bye school, I go get Charlie now"
Sydney loves her baby brother
On our drive home from school, when Sydney sees the moon, she points it out.  One day, she didn't see it.
Sydney: "Moon sleeping?"
Me: "No, I think it's just behind the clouds today"
Sydney: "Moon is hiding.  Sun goes night night, moon come out"

Helping Dada throw bocce ball
Me: "Sydney, can you pick out a book to read tonight?"
Sydney: "Two books, Mama.  Is that a deal?  Ok"

Jumping in muddy puddles
Driving home from school
Sydney "Are there pink clouds today Mama?"
Me "No, I just see dark clouds"
Sydney "Dark clouds.  Are they sleeping?"

Mama and Sydney

These are more recently

I took Sydney our to breakfast one morning when her school was closed.  I stopped eating for a while.
Sydney "I am going to kiss your belly."
(she kisses my belly)
"Now eat some more. Eat this".
(pointing at a sausage)
"It's very yummy"
Sydney's new favorite weekend activity - going to the store with the tiny carts (Whole Foods)
One night Sydney left a lot of dinner on her plate
Me "Is your belly full?"
Sydney "No. I need lots and lots of ice cream. Then my belly will be full."
Sink bubble bath with MarMe
One morning I was hoping to do drop offs the opposite way
Me "Sydney, we are going to take you to school first today, ok?"
Sydney "Easy way: Charlie first.  Hard way: Me first"
Me "Ok, the Easy Way, we will take Charlie first"
Sydney finally mastered riding her tricycle by herself!
Walking out of school one day
Sydney "What did you do at your office building today?"
Me "Did you just ask what I did at my office today?"
Sydney "Yes. Did you eat lots of cheese?"
Me "No sweet pea, not today"
Started soccer

Comments