Home Alone

We just started the blog, and already B is away on a work trip.  Leaving me to fend for myself in the kitchen. I tried to fill my week with dinners with friends, but ended up with plans only 2 nights.

Monday night I decided to make a dish that could feed me for multiple nights and was simple - soup.

The benefit to soup is you just chop everything up and throw it in the pot.  The downfall, it takes forever.



I made Sweet Potato, Carrot, Apple and Red Lentil Soup from allrecipes.com.  It called for sweet potatoes, but Whole Foods didn't have them, seriously?  The produce guy suggested I use Yams.  Not off to a great start here.  They were also out of red lentils, but I figured brown lentils were just as good.


After the veggies soften, I added the stock and spices....and waited.  And 30 minutes later, I blended it all together in our blender.


Then back on the stove to reheat.  As you can see it was already 7:35, and I was hungry.


Finally, topped with some greek yogurt, finished!

It was pretty good.  I had it for lunch the next 3 days and dinner one other night.  I mean, that was the point, right?  Dinner was at 6:00, right when I got home the next night.  I even had enough to freeze some for B.  We'll have to wait to see what he thought of it.

Comments