Pumpkin Cookies

It's clear that I am not the cook in the Lederman household.  And now that you've seen a glimpse of what I eat, you can understand why I'm really in no rush to take over.

What I am good at, and do love, is baking.  My Mom is an amazing baker, so was my Grandma.  I grew up eating only homemade cookies and dipping my fingers into real cookie dough.


Tonight, I decided to ring in the Fall Season with some Pumpkin Cookies.  My friend Christina is coming to SF for a work trip tomorrow, and will be joining us for dinner, so no better time.



This recipe is huge, I halved it, and it still made 33 cookies!  Some lucky co-workers will also get to try these out.

Ingredients for the full recipe:
4 cups flour
2 cups quick oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 egg (this one is a little tricky to halve, but I make it happen)
1 teaspon vanilla extract
1 (16oz) can of pumpkin
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I put about this much in half)


I like to pull out everything out of the cupboards at the beginning - I'm notorious for forgetting an ingredient, so this way I can catch it on the front end.

Start by pre-heating the oven to 350.


Combine all the dry ingredients: flour, oatmeal, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, in a separate bowl, set aside.


In the mixer, or with a hand mixer, Cream the butter while gradually adding both sugars.  Beat until light and fluffy.

Then add the egg and vanilla.  To halve the egg, I beat it in a little bowl, then poured about half of it into the mixer.  I also always add a little extra vanilla.


Then, alternate mixing the dry ingredients and the pumpkin into the butter mixture, mixing well after each addition.

Finally stir in the chocolate chips by hand. 


Drop onto a cookie sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and lightly brown.


Then cool on a rack.


 B and I did a taste test tonight, delicious with just the perfect hint of pumpkin. 

Hope Christina and my Co-workers enjoy them tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Yes! I'm hoping to be one of the lucky coworkers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to taste one tomorrow and will definitely be trying your recipe soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your Great Grandfather came from Denmark opening a bakery in Portland.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment