Cauliflower Soup

I love cauliflower.  What's not to like?  After making my first cauliflower puree, I started craving cauliflower soup.  While I love creamy soups, Michelle doesn't let me cook with cream.  I went on a mission to find a creamy cauliflower soup recipe that doesn't include a ton of butter and cream.  This recipe courtesy of the Food Network is delicious, creamy, easy to make, and doesn't call for any cream.


All that you need is:

1 head cauliflower
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 quart of chicken stock, homemade if you have it
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

To get started, just chop up the cauliflower, onion, and garlic.


Add the olive oil to a large stock pot or preferably Dutch oven.  They're really the best...  Sautee the onion and garlic, until soft and fragrant.


Then add the stock and cauliflower and bring to a simmer.  Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart.  


We finally got our immersion blender down to San Francisco (thanks Christina and Brian).  I have been dying to try it out and it did not disappoint.  If you don't have an immersion blender, just transfer the soup to a blender of food processor and puree.


Add the parmesan cheese, and season to taste with salt and pepper.


Then enjoy.  Really, really easy.


Comments

  1. mmmm, that looks yummy! I'm making a cauliflower gratin for Christmas dinner. It does involve cream, but I'm allowed to because it's a holiday! This looks like a good healthy dish to try in January when diet & detoxing starts :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment