Crab Rangoon
I didn't go to the store planning on making crab rangoon. I was looking for wonton wrappers to make wonton soup, but on the back of the package was a recipe for crab rangoon and I couldn't resist.
This actually was not my first time making crab rangoon. When I worked at Kirin in high school I used to have to form crab rangoon when we were slow during shifts. I was bad at forming the shapes back then too... This was my first attempt at making the filling though and it turned out great.
Surprisingly, there aren't too many ingredients needed:
8 oz of crab meat
8 oz of cream cheese
1 garlic clove
2 green onions
1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil (optional, don't buy it if you don't have it on hand)
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
24 wonton wrappers (approximately)
Typically crab rangoon are fried, but I baked mine at 425 for about 12-15 minutes. Again, this is an easy one. Chop the green onion and mince the garlic. Then combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
To form the dumplings, place a teaspoon of mixture in the middle of the wonton wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper with water and fold to form a triangle. Then repeat with the other side of the wrapper and pinch the edges until they seal.
I only made a few of these to eat and froze the rest of a baking sheet. Now any time I make Chinese food I can heat up an appetizer. Just drizzle a little oil over the top and bake at 425 for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. I'll have to figure out how to make sweet and sour sauce though next time around. Enjoy.
Comments
Post a Comment