It's official, I am finally a Smartphone user. I can hardly believe it, and it's taking all my willpower not to play with my new iPhone all. the. time.
This is a big deal. I've been sporting a flip phone for as long as I've had a cell. And I love technology.
 |
| This is the updated version of the phone I was using in SF |
The plan when we got here was for Brian to get a Blackberry from work, and then I could use his old iPhone. It sounded so easy, but it wasn't. I quickly discovered that I needed to get the iPhone unlocked to use it on an Irish network. I spent a whole night researching and Jailbreaking Brian's old phone to get it off the AT&T network. The Jailbreak was a success, but the phone was still locked to AT&T.
I was defeated, and I needed a local number, so I bought the cheapest prepaid phone I could find. I didn't think it could get worse than what I was using back home, but it did.
 |
| My first phone in Dublin |
And then, as if AT&T could feel my pain, they released a statement on Saturday saying they will provide unlock codes to customers with iPhones who met a list of criteria, starting on Easter. Thank you AT&T, and thank you Brian for meeting their criteria.
With the time change, we might have been one of the first customers to call and get the iPhone unlocked, I was anxious. And now, today, I am a proud iPhone user. Thanks AT&T and thanks husband, for sharing. Love you.
 |
| This is her, all set up! |
Comments
Post a Comment