Meeting the President with Plan Ireland



I just started volunteering a few time a week for Plan Ireland.  Plan Ireland is an international development organization.  Their main focus is on long term development projects that are centered around promoting the rights of children, educating children and communities and enabling them to continue to develop in a safe and healthy way.


I love what they stand for, I love the work they do and I'm so happy to be able to help them out while I wait for my Work Permit to be processed.  My work as a volunteer is pretty administrative, but I'm so thrilled to be helping, and in a very small way, I feel like I am contributing to their work.


Plan is celebrating their 75th year in Ireland and the President of Ireland has invited the organization to his residence to recognize the work Plan has done over the years.  I'm so honored to be invited to this celebration on Thursday and to meet President Michael D. Higgins!


Now, what do you wear to meet the President?



Comments