New Digs


Moving day (or should I say night) was Saturday at 6pm.  We had all intentions of making 3 trips on the train to move all our belongings.  I mean, everything was packed in duffels and suitcases just 3 weeks earlier, how tough could it be?

Well, we made it as far as the outside of the temporary apartment on trip 1 before Brian declared it wasn’t going to work.  And, he was right.  I couldn’t even carry my load 2 feet without everything toppling over.  So while he waited for a Taxi Van, I headed on the train to meet the landlord with 1 suitcase and 1 duffle – which was 1 suitcase and 2 duffels less than I was originally attempting. 

And now, here we are.  Living in Ranelagh.  The apartment has is quirks, but overall it's great and the neighborhood couldn’t be better. 







I know what you’re thinking – it’s really white.  The photos really accentuate the white, it’s really not sterile, it’s nice.  And I didn't take a photo of the 2nd bedroom/guest room!

A 2-minute stroll through the park and we are at the gym, the supermarket, the bar, the coffee shop, etc.  We’re no more than a 15-minute walk to the far end of the City Center, which is so much better than a 25-minute train ride.  

The Park
Ranelagh Street
Soon we will get bikes, which will open up a whole new world for us.  Of course, we’ll have to practice riding on the “wrong” side of the road before we hit any major thoroughfares.  

Comments

  1. Looks so nice Michelle! And I bet you love the location with all the places to walk to. Ya'll are going to have such a great experience living there! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I'm going to have to attempt your cinnamon toast one morning!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Karen! So far it's been good.

      Delete
  2. I love the feel of it! What an adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, we are hoping to make the most of our adventure!

      Delete

Post a Comment