Potato & Leek Flatbread with Arugula (Rocket) Salad

As I mentioned in my previous post, I owed Brian a good dinner when he returned from his work trip.

We had a surplus of leeks and I was determined to use them up.  I came across a recipe for Potato & Leek Flatbread with Greens from Real Simple, and decided to give it a shot.  We hadn't made a pizza since we moved and it used to be a weekly staple.


I admit, I was a little nervous based on the limited ingredients for a pizza, but it turned out really good.  And, since we've finally had a few warm days here in Dublin, we were able to eat on our patio and enjoy a glass of Rose!  Perfect.

Ingredients:
1 pound pizza dough - I made mine from this recipe (which is still my favorite homemade pizza ever)
2 small leeks, white and light green parts, cut into strips
2 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced (A mandoline would be really helpful with this!)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and black pepper
1 cup grated Gruyere 

Arugula (Rocket), enough for salad for your guests
2 shallots, sliced

Directions:

First turn the oven on to 450°F or as high as it can go in °C.

Slice the leeks in half length wise and rinse.  Then slice into thin strands.  Also, slice the potatoes thinly.  Then chop the thyme and grate the cheese.


Now, roll your dough into circle or rectangle, depending on your pan.  Sprinkle the pan with a little flour and place the dough on it.


Next, In a large bowl, combine the leeks, potatoes, thyme and 1.5 Tablespoons of the oil, and salt and pepper.

Take the veggies and spread them over the dough, making sure there is even coverage.  Then sprinkle the cheese over the top.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.


While baking, drizzle the arugula, which is called rocket over here, with the remaining oil and season with salt and a little pepper.  Add the sliced shallots and toss.


Then enjoy!


Comments

  1. Yum! I have a pizza dough and red potatoes on hand, I may have to re-create this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment