Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
One of my favorite parts of carving pumpkins, is toasting the seeds! We didn't get around to carving pumpkins since we were up in Seattle for Halloween weekend. So when Brian made Pumpkin Curry the other night, I just had to toast up the seeds for a snack.
After the seeds are gutted from the pumpkin, I threw them into a bowl of warm water to clean them.
After they were clean, I turned the oven on really low, to 200 degrees, then I put the seeds on a cookie sheet in the oven to dry a bit while I made the topping.
You can really put anything on pumpkin seeds but my favorite is worcestershire sauce and parmesan cheese, with some salt, pepper and garlic. It's hard to give measurements since it depends on how many seeds you have.
Here is a rough guess of what I used:
Here is a rough guess of what I used:
2 cups pumpkin seeds
1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
Remove the seeds from the oven and bump up the temperature to 325 degrees. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then add the seeds. They will still be pretty wet, but that's okay.
Then spread the seeds back out on a cookie sheet.
They should take about 45 minutes to fully cook. Bake for 15 minutes, then take out and stir.
Then back in for another 15 minutes, and stir.
Keep going for approximately 45 minutes, until they are crispy.
Comments
Post a Comment